Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

NEWS > Alumnae > Invitation to a Special Mass in their honour, to recognise Sue Collins and Pat Horsman

Invitation to a Special Mass in their honour, to recognise Sue Collins and Pat Horsman

13 May 2022
Written by Elizabeth Smith
Alumnae
Mass to recognise Sue Collins and Pat Horseman
Mass to recognise Sue Collins and Pat Horseman

Dear Coloma Community.

I want to celebrate and offer my sincere thanks to two members of staff, Sue Collins and Pat Horsman, for their contributions and unfailing hard work for Coloma. Unfortunately we were unable to do so properly last year due to Covid considerations.

Sue Collins was instrumental in improving the school in every way throughout her 17 years at Coloma while always being guided by a kind heart and keen sense of our Catholic ethos. I want to be clear and highlight that her time as Headteacher and School Leader was exemplary. Mrs Collins always had the school as her priority in all the ways she supported the school.

Pat Horsman has enabled students to develop and grow in their faith throughout her 31 years as teacher and Team Leader of Religious Studies. She has shown extraordinary commitment in leading groups of students and staff to act as helpers for the annual HCPT Pilgrimage to Lourdes at Easter. For many students and staff this has been the highlight of their time at Coloma, with many inspired to later join or even lead other HCPT groups.

I want to invite you to a special mass in their honour to recognise their achievements at Coloma.

This is to take place in the school on Wed 8th June 22 at 4.45pm and we will host a reception afterwards. For catering purposes can you please RSVP to Elizabeth Smith, Alumnae Officer on esmith@coloma.croydon.sch.uk or click here to let us know you're coming.

I truly hope you are able to attend but also ask that any goodwill notes or comments are sent to Elizabeth Smith, Alumnae Officer on esmith@coloma.croydon.sch.uk in advance so they can be shared during the celebration.

Thanks to you all in advance and look forward to seeing you all on the day.

Paul O’Donnell – Chair of Coloma Convent Governing Board

Similar stories

Margaret Ashton via Zoom call

We were delighted to share a zoom call with Margaret Ashton, one of our furthest away and oldest alumna. Margaret started at Coloma in 1938 and she shares her memories with us on t… More...

COGA Lunch 2019

Calling all former pupils! You are invited to the Coloma Old Girl's Association lunch to be held at the school on Saturd… More...

1945 Coloma School Magazine

Kindly donated by the family of former pupil, Pauline Everett, the content has been thoroughly brought to life by our re… More...

Margaret Ashton via Zoom call

Margaret is one of our oldest and furthest away alumnae. She shared her wonderful memories and school items she still ha… More...

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech